PEEK antistatic plastic sheet is is a unique semicrystalline, high temperature engineering thermoplastic.With high melting point (343°C) and excellent mechanical properties.Outstanding mechanical properties even at high temperatures,excellent dimensional stability.
Alternative for ESD 480
Surface resistivity 10E6-10E8 ohms/sq
PEEK antistatic plastic sheet applications:
PEEK antistatic plastic sheet is one of the highest performance thermoplastic plastics. which is used for semiconductor transportation and some of the most demanding applications, such as seals, gears, linings, bearings, pumps, and compressor assemblies, while providing the ability to make components with excellent performance at high temperatures, as the glass transition temperature is 186°C, for aerospace and automotive industries.
CA20 Series are ESD PEEK compunds which widely used in automobile and aviation fields,automobile fuel pump and gearbox. It can help equipment reduce weight, reduce noise and increase the service life of wear-resistant parts, reduce or even avoid the use of lubricants.
Here are extrusion processing guidances of ESD PEEK:
1. Drying: the granular polymer generally absorbs 0.5%w / w atmospheric moisture. In order to obtain the best effect, it should be dried until the moisture is less than 0.02%w / w. Materials may be placed in an air circulating furnace for at least 150℃ for 3 hours or at 160℃ for 2 hours. If dried in a drying box, the thickness of the raw materials in the pallet shall not exceed 25mm and prevent contamination.
2.Recycling: The remaining material can be recycled and injected into the pure material. It is recommended that recycled materials without fillings should not exceed 30% of the total weight, and recycled mixture with fillings should not exceed 10% of the total weight.
3. Thermal stability: If the equipment is stopped during the melting process, and the polymer residence time is not more than 1 hour, then there is no obvious degradation of the material at the temperature of 370℃. However, if the downtime exceeds 1 hour, the temperature of the material cylinder should be reduced to 340℃. At this temperature, the material can remain stable for several hours, and the temperature of the material cylinder must be increased when continuing processing. If the downtime exceeds 3 hours, the material cylinder should be cleaned. It can be cleaned with materials that maintain stable performance at 380℃, such as polyethersulfone or polyetherimide, or with polyethylene with low MFI.
4. Extruder machine: the melting point of ESD PEEK is 343℃, which can be applied to the traditional machine that can maintain the melt temperature at 360-400℃.
5. Cylinder capacity: Because the processing temperature of ESD PEEK polymer is very high, the residence time of the material must be as short as possible. The ideal material barrel capacity is at 2-5 times the total ejection weight.
6. Nozzle and lock system: The melting point of the polymer is very high. If the temperature drops below 343℃, the melt will solidify quickly. Therefore, it is necessary to install a large enough heater in the nozzle to prevent the cooling of "extrusion mold cooling".
7. Screw: The minimum value of the screw length ratio L / D is 16:1, but the L / D ratio between 18:1 and 24:1 should be preferred.
8. Extrusion pressure: the general injection pressure of 8-20 MPa.
9. Extruding speed: medium speed.
10. Screw speed: the general screw speed is 10-20rpm. For the reinforcement level, it is recommended to use a lower screw speed.